Sunday 20 March 2011

Birthday and family

Today was my 41st birthday. Well, I guess since it's 2:30am my birthday was yesterday. I wanted to write this post because of my family. On saturday we went to my parents for our yearly get together for my birthday and the first BBQ of the season. This is something that we have been doing now for 20 plus years. On matter the weather it's always a BBQ of hot dogs and hamburgers, something that I do so look forward to every year. There has been years that the snow has been as high as the bbq and we still do it. My oldest, her husband and the baby went there earily and put balloons and streams up outside and inside and in my fav. colour,pink. My b-day I woke to a chocolate, two layer cake that my 16 year old made on her own. This was the first cake she has made with my help and it was great. The four of us at home got to sit down to a big breakfast, which Amber also helped cook. Sara and the baby came out for a bit. Nothing beats having my children around any day of the year. Amber then got her dad to take her into town to get things for dinner and made it all by herself, another first for her and once again it turned out great. Nicholas has been working on his room all weekend and gave Amber a hand with dinner. For Nicholas to clean his room was a wish come true for me.
There are many days where I feel over worked and under loved, I am sure we all do. But when my family trun around and do this it makes me forget that I have ever felt that way. No gift, flowers,cards,dinner out,not even bling can bring me as much joy as the gifts that my family gave me this year, the gift of love and thoughtfullness. The gift of letting me know how much I do mean to them and making me see why I do all of these things for them, because each and everyone of them deceive it. I would not change my life for anything. I do have to say that I draw the lucky card because with my family by my side I am a winnier each and everyday.
Thank you to all of you for making this the best birthday I have ever had and for being my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment